Wednesday, December 13, 2006

BEAUTIFUL CITY


This could be a city in a small town anywhere in the U.S., but it's actually a very fake city. I wish I could claim credit for this shot, but it's one I found on the net. This is the city on the North Korean side of the DMZ which has little to no population. The North Koreans play traffic noise, even though there is no traffic, just to make the South Koreans think there's activity here. It's truly a crazy culture. Oh yes, and the flagpole is fairly new. It replaced the old one when the South Koreans installed one on their side of the DMZ that was taller. Not only is this new flagpole taller, but there is a flag over weighing over 600 pounds attached to it. If they were trying to make a statement, they did...unfortunately because of the heft the flag has a hard time waving in the wind.

No comments: